Become a gazette.one Author
Gazette.one accepts opinion articles on architectural heritage topics for the online section as well as the regular newsletter that we send on a weekly basis. Published pieces typically run from 800 to 1,200 words, but we also consider drafts of any length within bounds of reason. All submissions must be original, exclusive to gazette.one. You need to make sure that you never published the submitted article in any other printed or digital platform before.
Personal or explanatory architectural essays, commentary on construction and development news events, reflections on architectural and design trends and more are all welcome. We’re interested in anything well-written with a fact-based viewpoint we believe readers will find worthwhile. We value the author’s time and effort. For each accepted article, the author will get an amount of money as compensation for their time and effort. The amount will be discussed after we evaluate your writing. In addition to this, the author’s name and profile link will appear at the end of the article. Bear in min the following:
- Your submission text must be in English language only.
- Your text must be original and exclusive to gazette.one and never published in any printed or online platform.
- Article minimum words count is 800 and doesn’t exceed 1200 words.
- Use simple words that can be understood by 11 years old. Words with four or more syllables are considered difficult to read.
- Keep your sentences short. Usually a short sentence must not exceed 20 words.
- Paragraph length doesn’t exceed 150 words.
- For each 200 words or less, you need to create a subheading.
- Avoid using passive voice by making sure the subject of your sentence is doing the action.
- Avoid addressing the reader (you) and speaking for the reader (we/us).
- Avoid judgments and always use neutral words such as “many, some, few… etc.”
- Do not overuse the same vocabulary. Try using synonyms instead.
- You need to provide a minimum of 8 keywords describing your article.
- Your submission will have to pass the English grammar, contextual spelling, punctuation, sentence structure, writing style, vocabulary and plagiarism check.
- Images without copyright of ownership are not allowed. You must have full consent to use the images you attach to your article. If you cannot afford an image price, send us the image link (we prefer shutterstock.com) and as a courtesy of gazette.one, we will buy it for you. No more than 3 images are allowed for each article.
We do not tolerate plagiarism and we will blacklist any writer whose submission plagiarism percentage exceeds 8%. To learn more about plagiarism and how to avoid it, visit https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plagiarism
Send your submission to email@example.com
Unfortunately, because of the large volume of messages we receive, we have to pass on much material of value and interest. If you do not hear from us within seven business days, you should feel free to offer it elsewhere.